‘Energy Work’ – what is it in the context of a Personal Energy Practice?
Energy Work – within the frame of this blog I am defining energy work as any energetic practice, energetically-based treatment, discipline or energetic posture which enables a person to become more fully aware of their body and therefore more present within it.
So why practice energy work, what can it do for a person?
Learning more about your body’s energy anatomy will open a whole new world for you, literally.
It will clarify for you how to use your body more effectively, shift your perspective on life and give you direction on how to improve your internal (and therefore external) experiences of life.
Some Benefits of Energy Work
On my personal journey (so far!) I have discovered four main benefits of the regular practice of energy work.
- I am able to ‘run’ energy within my body to help balance emotional states, and also to assist myself get well more quickly when I have an illness.
- I can use energy balancing techniques to create a clarity of mind when my energy is low and I’m tired, or simply when I need to do some work - e.g. focus my energy!
- I have an increased ‘sense’ or energetic ‘awareness’ of my body and have access to a whole new ‘database’ of intuitive insights, both about myself and about others. What a great resource to have as one moves through life!
- I can sense my own body responses to others’ thoughts, actions and emotions and react in a more balanced way than I have been able to in the past before I started this work.
Tools for Energy Work
I am an accredited practitioner of one energy work modality, the EMF Balancing Technique®.
I have studied and practiced this modality for the last 9 years or so, and found it enormously rewarding to work with, both for myself and for my clients. Here are some examples of different types of energy work which you can experience within your own Personal Energy Practice.
- The EMF Balancing Technique® (practiced now in over 70 countries worldwide)
- Chakra balancing
- The Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT), or ‘Tapping’
- Working with crystals (for example, a quartz crystal)
- Healing Touch
- Quantum Touch
- Acupuncture (also an ‘energy work’ since it balances the body’s meridian system)
- Reflexology (same, because it can help bring the body’s energy back into healthy balance, or homeostasis)
- Matrix Energetics
- DNA Repatterning
- Freeform energy sessions interpreted by an Energy Intuitive
- Sound Healing
….and the list goes on. It does seem like a lot to take in and can be confusing perhaps at first, but over time as your interest grows you will find yourself drawn towards a particular type of energy work and the road will open before you.
Sarah Lawrence Hinson email@example.com