‘Spiritual Work’ – what is it and how can it help with a Personal Energy Practice?
Spiritual Work – in the frame of this blog I would define Spiritual Work as any practice, insight or realization which takes a person closer to a more complete knowing of themselves and towards a greater awareness of their soul or spirit’s journey in the here and now.
Simply put, spiritual work can move us towards answering some of our age old questions, ‘Who Am I’ and ‘Why Am I Here’.
I also believe that spiritual work can lend clarity to our life experiences and transform them into life lessons and resources for our benefit.
Some benefits of Spiritual Work
- a greater sense of purpose, clarity and focus
- a different perspective and understanding of other people’s spiritual journeys, trials and tribulations
- therefore a new perspective on our own spiritual journey, trials and tribulations
- an enhanced global awareness and connection with the ‘greater than self’, universal consciousness, group mind, planetary grid consciousness, (substitute your word here)
- a greater sense of peace within oneself and compassion for others.
Spiritual Work Tools
There are many ways to practice Spiritual Work as part of a Personal Energy Practice.
Here I’ll list some that resonate for me, I’m sure you are already on the road to finding and creating your own. More on this subject over time…
- Daily prayer practice (in whatever denominational frame or non-denominational frame is a match for you).
- Daily meditation practice (same as above).
- Watching for synergistic, or synchronistic signs when you have set intents, desires or wishes in place.
- Learning more about human ego and human personality mechanics and how they apply to your particular set of circumstances and conditions.
- Noticing what resonates positively for you about others behavior and what ‘pushes your buttons‘ (replays an energetic tape recording) then taking steps to dig deeper into your reactions for understanding.
- Setting an intent to evolve and be on a path for personal growth – and meet opportunities for spiritual growth.